When choosing a video production company to create your web videos, it is important to note that not all video companies are the same. There are certain criteria you should keep in mind when hiring someone to produce online videos for your brand.
1. Hire someone with a good track record. Just because you can operate a camera doesn’t make you a professional videographer. Find a specialist who knows how to write scripts, edit footage, and finalize a video specifically for the web. It’s important to seek out someone who has a successful track record and can consistently deliver high quality video. Check their credentials and portfolios to find a style that works for you.
2. Check out video testimonials and case studies. Most professional video companies have a reel of testimonial videos, reviews, and case studies showcased somewhere as an indicator of client satisfaction. Check out Google reviews and see what others are saying about their services before deciding to hire them.
3. Create a video production brief. Develop an outline of what you want your video to achieve. This will help you and the video production company determine exactly what you need for your web video. If a production company quotes a price without any initial meeting or production brief, you should be careful. Good video companies take time to understand your brand and your needs, and offer suggestions about how to achieve your goals.
4. Make sure they can do it all. Before you hire a company, make sure they have all the video service capabilities you need to produce a video from start to finish. Professional video companies should be able to handle your web video from script to screen, and supply all necessary services in house. Check to make sure they have animation, editing, sound editing, and color correction services in-house to avoid extra cost and time.
5. The cost should be based on your needs. The video production company should be able to offer you a custom-fitted quote for how much your unique web video is going to cost. Be wary of those who charge by the minute or hour. Video projects should be priced based on your specific needs.
It is important to hire a video company you can trust to create a web video that authentically reflects your brand and your message. In Focus Studios specializes in custom web videos, and would love to help you with your next project. Call today for a free consultation.